Are you ready for the next adventure?

My friends. Welcome to my new blog about the Te Araroa in New Zealand. 


3000 kilometers from Cape Reinga to Bluff



The decision to hike the Te Araroa wasn't clear in the beginning. It was still before the Pacific Crest Trail and I didn't even know if I love hiking. I talked to my friends Torte (Cake) and Eule (Owl) about this trip and as we decided to hike the Te Araroa in the end of 2014 there was still the concern if I can do the PCT. I asked them to give me 1 or 2 months time.  After 1,5 months I was still on the Trail and it was amazing. Hiking was so much fun. The people, the trail angels, the landscape and the hiker trash. Everything was awesome and so "We made nails with heads" (German phrase - to make a job properly).

Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden

I skyped with my friends a few times to organize all our stuff and we booked our flights to Auckland for the 1st of December 2014. Whop whop. Our starting point is Auckland and then we are heading down to Bluff. Unfortunately, Torte is going home after 3 months. We are driving or flying up to Cape Reinga and hiking to Auckland to finish the Trail. That is the plan. We will see.

Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden

For me,Te Araroa isn't just a hike. Also I want to make a little documantary about the trail and its beauties.

Deutsch Ein-/Ausblenden






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images